A SCARED VICTIM
Nov 29, 1999
WHAT LEVEL OF THE VIRAL LOAD WILL CAUSE DEATH.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no level at which one can say the virus level has caused death. Higher levels are associated with more rapid progression of disease (months to years). But HIV disease is very complicated and progression is the result of the strain of virus transmitted, the immune system's ability to contain replication, and whether treatment is initiated or not. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Health Care Professional Refuse To Treat A Hiv Patient?
- Hiv Risk If U Get Semen On Your Hands
- Chances Of Dying From Hiv
- How Long Does It Take To Notice Hiv Symptoms After Contact?
- What To Use For Shingles On Neck?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.