|A SCARED VICTIM
Nov 29, 1999
WHAT LEVEL OF THE VIRAL LOAD WILL CAUSE DEATH.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no level at which one can say the virus level has caused death. Higher levels are associated with more rapid progression of disease (months to years). But HIV disease is very complicated and progression is the result of the strain of virus transmitted, the immune system's ability to contain replication, and whether treatment is initiated or not. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Possibility Of Testing Negative For Hiv After 6 Months
- How Long Can Hiv Stay Dormant?
- Transmission Of Hepatitis B Through Saliva
- Can A Primary Doctor Suspect Hiv From Blood Exam Other Than Hiv?
- Is It Difficult For A Man To Contract Hiv From A Woman Through Normal Vaginal Intercourse?
- What Happens If You Have No More Cd4 Cells?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.