|Viral load affecting test results?
Jan 17, 2000
Dear Dr. Holidnay,
Does a persons VL determine how soon they will test positive for the HIV virus? I was curious if a person with a high viral load during the ARS syndorme might test postive sooner than an individual with a lower viral load during the ARS? Any ideas would be helpful.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The specific answer to your question is unknown. My hunch is that given the few cases in which we have serial samples, the natural evolution of antibody test positivity was not different when the level of viral load was looked at. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.