HOW DOES A COLD AFFECT VIRAL LOAD RESULTS?

DEAR DOCTOR, IN JULY 99,I WAS DECECTED HIV+.VIRAL LOAD 40,000 & T-CELLS 960. STRARTED COMBIVIR+VIRACEPT FOR A MONTH, #'S CHANGED TO VIRAL LOAD 356/ T-CELLS 1410.DUE TO HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS DOCTOR THEN SWITCHED ME TO COMBIVIR +SUSTIVA. NUMBERS STAYED PRETTY CLOSE TO THAT BUT IN LAST WEEK'S RESULTS #'S CHANGED QUITE A BIT TO VIRAL LOAD 927 AND T-CELLS 1413. PRIOR TO TESTING I WAS RECOVERING FROM A BAD COLD. DOCTOR KEPT ME ON SAME TREATMENT AND TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY! WHAT DO YOU THINK? SHOULD I HAVE A RESISTANCE TEST DONE OR WAIT AND SEE? COULD THE COLD I HAD AFECTED THE #'S. I'VE HAD NO PROBLEMS @ ALL WITH COMB.+SUSTIVA.

We don't have alot of specific data on whether cold viruses affect HIV viral load. We have some data that other kinds of viruses can affect viral load (eg. herpes). This is usually in the absence of HIV therapy though. A difference between a viral load of 300 and 900 is really not that great. I would be concerned though why you haven't been able to achieve a viral load of MH

WHAT IS CONSIDERED THE UNDETECTABLE LEVELS FOR HIV?
Viral load affecting test results?