Hepatitis B Vaccine
Feb 15, 2000
Dear Dr.-I was diagnosed in Sept of last year. Started taking Sustiva and Combivir. Numbers are now CD4 of 228 and viral load of less than 400. I have had one of the three vaccinations for hepatitis. Now for the question -- I am scheduled to go back in mid February to have the numbers checked again. If I get the next in the series of vaccinations will I "mess up" my numbers and possibly not get accurate results? Thanks so much for your help.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Probably not. Since you are on an effective regimen, it is unlikely that your viral load will go up with the vaccination. Keep the appointment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How To Know If You Caught Hiv Right After Sex?
- How Low Can Cd4 Cells Be Before You Get Sick?
- Chances Of Getting Hiv Or Std From Prostitute With A Condom
- Is Yeast Infection A Sign Of Aids Or Hiv?
- How Long After Being Infected Does It Take To Test Positive For Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv If You Share Drinks With A Person Who Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.