Viral load test and HIV-2
Apr 17, 2000
Does the newer viral load tests also pick up HIV-2? My doctor said it does. Is that correct?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Viral load tests only measure the amount of HIV-1 in the blood. Antibody tests are available which detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and 2. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Accuracy Of 5 Weeks Hiv Test Using 4th Generation Duo
- Can Vaginal Fluid On The Condom Transmit Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.