Viral load test and HIV-2
Apr 17, 2000
Does the newer viral load tests also pick up HIV-2? My doctor said it does. Is that correct?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Viral load tests only measure the amount of HIV-1 in the blood. Antibody tests are available which detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and 2. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Acute Infection 5 Days After Exposure
- Can Herpes Virus Affect Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.