Is it time for Ziagen?

I've been hiv+ since jan98. my current meds are only sustiva and combivir. I had bronchitis in jan99 and the vl increase from <400 to 675. retest in march for a result of 400, test in april and it was <50. Now in my last testing is increasing to 175. My doctor is strongly recommending to add Ziagen into my regimen, otherwise there could be risk. I'm scared from the side effects of this new med. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Most all people do very well with ziagen. It is very potent as an antiviral. I might consider sitting tight until your next viral load, it it's <50 again, you don't hav to add. If the trend is above 500, you could consider adding a new agent.

MH

Please Help-Condition Worstening
Viral load high enough for a change?