Please Help-Condition Worstening

Dear Doc: I've been on all types of anti-HIV meds for over 12 years now. You name it, I've been on it. Since December until June, 1999, I've been on Sustiva and Combivir. My viral load was over 750,000 and cd-4's at around 18. Somewhere around March, my viral load went down to around 400,000 & CD-4's about the same. I re-tested around the first of June before changing regimens and tested again at over 750,000(VL)with cd-4's at 8. Horrendous ehh? They now have started me on Agenerase (amprenavir), Ziagen(abacavir) and Preveon. My weight is horribly low, my energy horribly low, SEX? What is that? I haven't had that for God knows when, and it is pure living hell to get those 8 capsules (I call them horse pills) of Agenerase down at one time without throwing them up. I know I have only been on this regimen for only one month, but what are your thoughts? Any suggestions for improvements (weight, energy, sex, viral load, CD-4's, etc.)

Signed,

Desperate in Florida

Dear Florida, a resistance test here might help guide what an appropriate salvage regimen might be for you. Not knowing what you were on before, the combo they stuck you on is not unreasonable. In addition, a genotype might help recycle some old meds that were discarded from your prior regimens that supposedly failed because you don't have resistance to them. the wieght energy thing is a tough one. Have you tried any anabolic steroids, cannabis? MH

viral load cd4 count numbers okay?
Is it time for Ziagen?