When/if to start meds to avoid resistance problems.

Good morning Mark; I've been diagnosed positive on March of this year, after a severe ITP that brought me to the hospital pretty close to die. I basically had no other symptoms in the past so the new came pretty unexpected. My platelet count at that time was 1,000, VL 1,700, CD4 1440 (already with some deltacorticoid, cortisone). I'm taking still deltacoritcoids and now my platelet count is 150,000, so pretty good. My question is the following; my doc would prefer not to put me under therepy because she says my data are pretty good and it's better to start when really needed to avoid or delay resistance. IOn the other hand I know that if my platelet count doesn't became stable I'll have to take the meds (especially AZT seems to be good for ITP Hiv related). Is there any other way to heal hiv-ITP so that I can continue without meds?

Many thanks for your time and sorry for eventual grammar mistake, I'm not english mother tongue. BTW, I'm 28, female.

Anne

I would agree with your doctor for now. Since you are still within the first six months of seroconversion, your viral load may drift down some more. I would see how things look in about 3 months. If your numbers are the same, I would continue to defer therapy. MH

UNUSUAL TEST RESULTS?
viral load cd4 count numbers okay?