catching a multiple drug resistant strain

Dear Doctor, I caught a multiple drug resistant strain of hiv. My doctor says that I am resistant to most drugs available and that starting now would be a waste of money and health since I feel healthy now. It has been 4 months since exposure and am wondering what the chances are that I can start on a drug regimen that will work, or in other words when and how soon are new drugs going to be available that are targeted at resistant strains of hiv? When are ABT 378 and tripnovar going to be available and ARE they as good as advertised to target resistant strains? Any new NNRTI's that are successful in treating current resistant NNRTI's in the near future? I want to be positive about living, but it's hard because I have no options right now and future drugs aren't coming along quickly. If possible could you give me a list of new drugs coming and how bright they look for someone like myself. By the way, I heard T-20 develops resistance in a few weeks when given by itself. Does this mean that it is a failure or that it CAN be used in LONGTERM (meaning many years) treatment with HAART? Any hope for me, the newly infected with multi-strain resistance to live 40 more years???? t-cells are 670, viral load 40,000. Thank you so much for your personal time on the net in answering not only mine, but all concerned questions.

I would look to the treatment forum. ABT378 is in phase 2 studies. The answer is not in yet on its potential use in PI resistant virus. Other second generation NNRTIs and other drugs are making way to study. MH

resistance time predicts success?
To treat or not to treat