RE:When/if to start meds to avoid resistance

Hi Mark; first of all thanks for you answer to my first question. I'm actually not in the first 6 months of after seroconversion: I've been diagnosed on March of this year but I believe that the infection occurred somewhere in 1997 or late 1996. I appreciate your suggestion to keep myself out of meds if my numbers are staying the same. I just would like to know which alternative I'll have if after stopping deltacorticoids for my ITP the platelet numbers will drop again. Doc said I will have to go for the cocktail ONLY for the platelet count, not for my virus data, and I'm looking for alternative treatments for ITP insted of the not yet needed cocktail.

Many thanks

Anne

Hang in there. Lets hope the platelets go up without you needing to take antivirals at this point to do it. MH

Sustiva and Resistance
infected with both HIV & hep. C