Nelfinavir

Dear Dr. I read on this Forum and in the new Medscape guidelines that Nelfinavir can now be used 5 cap every 12 hours. Is this safe considering the half-life of this medication is 3.5 - 5 hours? Isn't there a higher risk for developing resistence with such a short half-life? I would love not having to take that extra dose though.

A few more doubts: 1.Can I take Nelfinavir and Biovir together? 2.I know I need to take Nelfinavir with food. Can I take it at noon (with lunch) and then at midnight? I usually have dinner at 10PM. Do I need to eat something else at 12AM?

Thank you.

The potency appears to be the same when the twice versus three times a day regimens were compared. Side effects were no different. Sorry you got me. What is Biovir? I would simplify your life and switch to the twice a day regimen and take it with breakfast and dinner. I have everyone in my clinic who is on nelfinavir on the twice a day dose. MH

High CD4 count but VL <50
Resistance?