What should I expect?, please respond

Dear Dr.

First of all thanks for your collaboration to all us who are dealing with this disease. On Sept 15 I started meds with a VL of 250,000 and CD4s 50, after my 4 weeks check up my VL went down to 1,000 and CD4s up to 110, by the way I'm on Viracept and Combivir. My doctor was very pleased for my results, now What are the odds for me to achieve maximum viral control (VL<50)?, is that really a good predictor of my treatment success?, How good is Viracept, I haven't found a lot of information about it on the internet?

please respond I live in a small comunity and is very hard to have expert information.

Kind Regards,

JG

You have had a great response to treatment. It may take up to 6 months to get down to < 50 copies/ml. Viral load is a very good predictor of short term (1-2 year) treatment response. Thousands of people have used nelfinavir (viracept) successfully. The FDA recently approved twice daily dosing in addition to the three time per day dosing that was originally approved. If you are not already on the twice daily dosing you may want to change.

MH

After 16 weeks of HAART viral load still not undetectable
Treatment Dilemma