HIV vs. AIDS
Sep 22, 2001
Is HIV present in the blood until death? Does HIV manifest into something else when a person goes "full blown?"
Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV is present in the blood and all organs until death. HIV itself does not manifest into something else. The progression of disease causes a significant reduction in the immune system's ability to combat opportunistic infections and malignancies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Piercing And HIV Transmission Risk
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Topping Without Condom
- Should I Get Tested After Needle Stick?
- Could Swollen Lymph Nodes Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.