|when should a person start medicine?
Jan 17, 2000
i have a viral load of 54 434 white blood cells 4800 when should i start takingt medicine when the white blood cells go down to 200 im afraid to start taking meds becuse of the harmful side effects??
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You do not indicate what your CD4 count is currently. However, if your viral load is 54,000, irrespective of the CD4 count (but certainly if it's < 500), most HIV treating physicians would recommend treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If A Person Takes Their Medicine That Has Hiv Can They Still Transmit The Virus To Another Person Sexually?
- Breast Sucking Worried I Have AIDS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Touching Broken Skin?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Touching Butt?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Broken Condom?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.