when should a person start medicine?
Jan 17, 2000
i have a viral load of 54 434 white blood cells 4800 when should i start takingt medicine when the white blood cells go down to 200 im afraid to start taking meds becuse of the harmful side effects??
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You do not indicate what your CD4 count is currently. However, if your viral load is 54,000, irrespective of the CD4 count (but certainly if it's < 500), most HIV treating physicians would recommend treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your System?
- Are There Rare Hiv Infected Who Don't Develop Antibodies?
- Fever And Headache After Deep Kissing
- How Long Before Hiv Can Be Detected?
- How Soon After Infection Do Women Experience Recurrent Yeast Infections?
- Massage With Happy Ending Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.