Swollen Lymph Nodes

Infected for 26 months. Not on medications because t-cell count is over 1000 and VL has always been undetectable. I have some symptoms, the worse is a very painful lymphadenopathy affecting primarily the groin and axillary nodes. Should I start on meds to give my immune system a break and reduce the discomfort?

Although your enlarged lymph nodes are probably related to HIV infection, it is always important to make sure that this enlargement is not related to some other process. Since your viral load is undetectable, it's hard for me to invoke a lot of replication and therefore huge reactive nodes. But this is possible. I don't know what the answer is as to whether your nodes (if this is HIV related), will shrink down after initiating treatment.

MH

NEUROPATHY
Lipodistrophy