Retested in 6 months?
Oct 23, 1998
Thank you for your attention.Worried about a possible exposure in 98/may, I tested two Qualitative PCR's in 6 and 11 weeks(Amplicor Roche minimum 400 copies), both negatives and anti hiv Elisa test in 4 months, also negative. The Lab mentioned that this Elisa test is the third generation,type sandwich.Because i am still stressed my question is: Do i need to be retested in 6 months?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
No. Two PCR tests and a negative ELISA at 4 months are sufficient to rule out HIV infection. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Sharing A Shower?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Blood Transfusion
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Mutual Masturbation?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Giving Handjob?
- What Is The Risk Of Masturbation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.