Jan 21, 1999
pcr dna for hiv test was taken at 17 days dr. said it was a low risk at 73 days and elisa hiv test was done results -how realible is that .please answer
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The DNA test might have been a little early. They are clearly positive by one month. A negative ELISA at 2 1/2 months is assuring, but these tests still require some followup in my opinion. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I’m A Woman, Can I Get HIV From Another Woman?
- Is There Anyway To Tell If You Have Hiv Without Being Tested?
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- How Fast Does Hiv Progress?
- How Long Does Aids Virus Live On Surfaces?
- How Long Do Hiv Lesions Last?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.