Jan 21, 1999
pcr dna for hiv test was taken at 17 days dr. said it was a low risk at 73 days and elisa hiv test was done results -how realible is that .please answer
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The DNA test might have been a little early. They are clearly positive by one month. A negative ELISA at 2 1/2 months is assuring, but these tests still require some followup in my opinion. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Rapidly Can One Die From Hiv If Treatment Starts Too Late?
- How Bad Will The Headaches Be When You Get Hiv?
- I Have Severe Symptoms Of Acute Hiv Infection
- Can A Woman Get Hiv If The Man Didn't Come Inside Her?
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- Does Hiv Cause Black Stool?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.