Viral marker test & 2.5 month Elisa
Feb 8, 1999
I engaged in oral sex with a person who was tested at 3 months (neg. result), also I was only possibly exposed to precum if anything. I since have had a viral marker test done at 1 month and a antibody test done at 2 months, both came out negative. Do I need to test further? Two other physicians have said no... Please advise me if you can.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I assume by viral marker test you mean viral load or HIV DNA PCR. You went at it somewhat backwards than what is currently recommended. Given the negative test in the donor, and the combination of tests and timing of tests you received, HIV infection is highly unlikely. You probably don't need another test. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.