Does HIV-2 has the same window period as HIV-1?
Feb 10, 1999
I tested both 1 and 2 negative at 16 weeks. However, much information has been given on the window period for type I, does the same window period, namely, 3 months & 6 months, apply to type 2 also???
Is the test currently used to test type 2 reliable???
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Great question regarding HIV-2. We don't know as much info on the seroconversion history of HIV-2 infection. I honestly don't know the answer to your question. The current antibody test is very reliable for both HIV-1 and 2. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dizziness An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Iodine Usefulness For Vaginal Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.