Could I be one of those rare rare instances? Please help.

What are the chances that I could be hiv positive but testing hiv negative 4 1/2 years after potential exposure to hiv? The reason I am doubting my hiv negative status (4 1/2 years after last risky event) is due to the number of symptoms I have that doctors haven't been able to explain (joint pain, loss of 12 Ibs, chronic vaginal yeast infections resistant to medication, night sweats, dermatitis, fungal infection of hands and feet, swollen lymph glands in neck and groin, and canker sores in mouth). Could I be one of those rare individuals that either doens't produce antibodies or doesn't produce enough to show up on a ELISA test, and if so, what is done in cases like this? Would you suggest a PCR test? Please help, I am losing my mind and have been dealing with this problem for far to long. Thank you.

It would be extremely unlikely given the sensitivity of todays HIV antibody tests. A DNA PCR test would be definitive. MH

I am comfused with your answers!!
Would one expect