|Time between contraction and positive test results
Apr 26, 1999
How much time will pass between contraction of H.I.V. and receiving a positive test? Or, if I conducted in high risk behavior, how long should I wait before I get tested?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Antibody tests are usually positive within 4-12 weeks after exposure. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are Some High Risk Behaviors For Contracting Hiv?
- How Soon After Contracting Hiv Will A Test Show Positive?
- How Long After Contracting Hepatitis Will I Test Positive?
- Nose Bleeds And Hiv
- Will A Pap Smear Come Back Abnormal If You Have Hpv?
- Which Is More Common Chlamydia Or Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.