Time between contraction and positive test results
Apr 26, 1999
How much time will pass between contraction of H.I.V. and receiving a positive test? Or, if I conducted in high risk behavior, how long should I wait before I get tested?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Antibody tests are usually positive within 4-12 weeks after exposure. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Blood In Semen?
- Is Sore Throat An Ars Symptom?
- Itchy Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.