CD8 cell impact on viral load
Sep 11, 2001
Is it likely from your experience that at 6 weeks post possible exposure, Elyssa would be negative and viral load by PCR would also be negative because the CD8 cells had knocked the HIV virus down below 400 copies?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I have not seen a documented case of acute HIV infection with this scenario.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Muscle Ache A Symptom Of HIV?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Cure Painful Spots On My Penis?
- 3 Month Negative Turning Positive At 6 Months
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.