Exposed but not infected with HIV?
Aug 5, 1999
1) Is it theoretically possible to be exposed but not infected to HIV? In the past I have had multiple high risk sexual encounters. Three and a half years ago shortly after a high risk encounter I developed SHINGLES. I experienced extreme pain for four months all over my body. The dermatolgest immediately drew an HIV-1 ELISA antbody test which was negative. However, I was diagnosed with Syringoma under my eyes. I never had it before. In the last three years I have gone for additional testing. 4 more negative HIV-1,2 ELISAS, 1 negative HIV-1 p24 antegen, 1 negative HIV-1 WESTERN BLOT, 1 indeterminate HIV-1 WESTERN BLOT (weak reactivity p51,p56 unusual weak reactivity 75,000 molecular weight, 1 PCR HIV-1 <400 HIV-1 RNA copies/ml. recommended ultra-sensative HIV by PCR. Follow up results (Jan 1999) 586 HIV-1 copies m/l with this ultra sensative PCR test. I followed up four months later this year with this ultra sensative test and the result were <20 HIV-1 copies/ml. The doctor told me this result is negative while the 586 was positive. Finally, I went for a HIV-1 PCR-DNA and the results were no HIV-1 DNA detected. I have experienced ARS since my SHINGLES, major loss of muscle tone, on and off herpetic lesions on my body, major loss of hair, flu like symtems, persistant acheing(cracking) of my joints that feels like arthritis, depressionary feeling, SYRINGOMA around my eyes, blood shot eyes, unexplained tingling sensation in my body, and a major void in my bank account. Previously, you had recommended in my case that I go for the PCR-DNA HIV-1 to close my case based on the RNA results. 2) Should I close the case that I am a hypochrondiac or the doctor who called me a puzzle? 3) What do you think? 4) Any recommendations for additional testing or medicine to help alleviate the physical and emotional pain!!!! Also, recently I have had a weird flu like symtems for about a month but feeling a little better now. 5) Could I be seroconverting or is it just a strange virus?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I think you have tested enough for HIV. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Yeast Infection Be Mistaken For Genital Warts?
- Would Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Pain
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are Other Names For Toxoplasmosis?
- Vaginitis Or Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.