|Elisa- Negative; Western Blot-Positive?
Aug 23, 1999
Hello Dr.Mark, Exposure: Two years back. Blood screening test result: Negative (0.26 S/CO) (Elisa using Abbott third generation Kit)
Western Blot : positive (P24, P160 & Serum control Positive) What to do? Which report to be believed?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That pattern is consistent with an acute infection pattern (early seroconversion). I would repeat the test and/or get a HIV DNA PCR test. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Negative Elisa Positive Western Blot
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Hands After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.