Still Worried

Dear Dr. Holodniy, I was exposed due to a faulty condom approx 14wks ago. At 9.5 and 11.5 wks I was negative. I after this exposure have a urethral syndrom occur wihin just a few days(4days). No discharge but feeling of uncomfort. I have taken cipro, flagyl, and zithromax treatment -but, still have cloudy urine and discomfort from time to time. I have noew taken the 14wk test and am waiting for the results. Also, at the 12 wk mark I had a sort throat and nausea syndrome that lasted about 7days. i really haven't had any fever or rash. My glans in my legs are now sore. Do you think this urethral discomfort could be related to hiv. I have had urine cultures and am neg for typical std's. Please advise. I know I will know more when the results come in later this wk, but sure would appreciate it if you would comment on the urethral syndrome and cloudy urine and the odds of being positive now and later. I sincerely appreciate your answer and have read your replys to other answers extensively and thank you for your dedication to the people who find themselves with this worry.

The negative tests up to this point are very reassuring. It would be extremely unlikely, though possible to be infected and develop antibodies at this late date. A urethritis after sex is very common and can be caused by a variety of things including bacteria, viruses or yeast or just trauma. The antibiotics you received will cover all of the usual bacterial STDs. HIV by itself doesn't cause this syndrome, but is usually a passenger with other STDs. Your symptoms could also be related to herpes or yeast infections, in which case the bacterial antibiotics will have no effect. MH

Thrush, but testing negative???
your advice please