HAV or HIV

I was away on vacation a month ago in the carribean and got vaginal fluids on my hand and then touched my penis. I was not feeling well recently (4 wks after encounter) and went to the doctor. He did some blood tests and showed elevated bilirubin, ALT, AST and ALK. I have malaise, and jaundice in my eyes, no fever, no vomitting but a loss of appetite this past week. I have also have recurrent diarrhea since returning from the trip.

How long after HIV infection can diarrhea appear (this was the next day). I am waiting to hear back about HAV, however I read that these are similar symptoms of ARS, could this be related to HIV, and shoud I get pcr and/or p24 (it has been 5 weeks since possible exposure).

Thanks.

Diarrhea can be part of acute HIV infection, but you wouldn't get it the next day. This sounds more like hepatitis virus infection and not HIV. I would wait to see what the hepatitis tests show before pursuing HIV testing. MH

Help again!!
sweats