PLEASE ANSWER PLEASE

HI, DR. I HAVE TESTED NEG. FOR 8 MONTHS ON ELISA AND HAVE HAD ONGOING SYMTPOMS IT SEEMS AND SINCE YESTERDAY I HAD A NEW SYMPTOM AND I WANTED TO KNOW IF IT SOUNDED LIKE A COMMON SYMTPOM OF HIV.LAST NIGHT, I HAD A VERY VERY SHARP PAIN UNDER MY RIBCAGE (LEFT SIDE) IT WAS NOT REALLY ON FAR LEFT SIDE LIKE YOU READ ABOUT THE SPLEEN IT WAS MORE IN THE MIDDLE, BUT TODAY ALL DAY AT DIFFERENT TIMES I WOULD NOTICE AN ACHING PAIN THAT WOULD COME AND GO IN THE LEFT MIDDLE OF THE LOWER PART OF MY RIBS. IS THIS MY SPLEEN YOU THINK? I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO SEE DOC. YET AND I AM STILL WAITING ON MY LAST TEST RESULTS BUT COULD YOU GIVE ME ANY KIND OF INFO. ON THIS? I HAVE READ WHERE PEOPLE COMPLAIN OF SPLEEN PAIN, I DONT KNOW IF THATS WHAT THIS IS, I HOPE NOT. EVERYTIME I GO TO THE DOC HE CHECKS AND FEELS UNDER MY RIBS ON THE LEFT SIDE AND NEVER EVER HAS MENTIONED ANY ENLARGEMENT . MY LAST CHECKUP W/ HIM WAS 2 WEEKS AGO. COULD IT HAVE BECAME ENLARGED THAT QUICKLY AND BE CAUSING PAIN NOW? IN SHORT, IS THIS SOMETHING TO BE FREAKING OUT OVER OR WHAT? I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS WHOLE ORDEAL. I THINK I WILL BECOME A NUN. PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING HERE BEFORE I LOSE IT. THANKS, HAVE A GOOD DAY.

Such a symptom is not specific for HIV. Given your ELISA at 8 months was negative, you are not infected with HIV. MH

Just a follow up question regarding your response.
Afraid of high viral load