viral load vs. infectiousness
Sep 8, 2001
Does an undetectable viral load make you less infectious? I know HIV is still present, but is there less of it in the blood and semen?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes it makes you less infectious, but it doesn't mean not infectious.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- I Tested Negative Twice For Hiv Do I Have It
- Multiple Sclerosis And Hiv Infection
- Can Antibiotics Fight Hiv If Taken Immediately?
- I Think I Had Sex Last Night With Someone With Hiv
- Percentage Of White Women With Hiv In America
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.