42 Hour Med Guy - Some More Questions Please!

Hi I am the guy who had unprotected sex with an HIV+ woman and took PEP 42 hours after exp. Good news is that I tested neg. at 13 weeks post-exp. I know you said that if I did and even though I took PEP, I would be in the 98% sure level.And I would have been estatic and gone on with my life had not for this: ....Right around the time i was to get my results of the 13week test..I developed fever (fluctuated but highest was 99.5 degrees), fatigue, light headedness,some small swollen lymph nodes under chin-neck by ears-, itchiness and rash on shoulder when I carried a schoolbag,some swollen papillae on tongue, slightly swollen gums on left roof of mouth, intermittent sweats /chills, slight sore throat(lasted about 6 days)...1)COULD EXTREME ANXIETY CAUSE ALL OF THESE SYMPTOMS?...2)DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SEROCONVERSION? ...My doc says that these symptoms are most likely due to some viral thing(ie.FLU-BUG)and my body trying to fight it off AND says that since my 13 week test came back neg. she is 100% sure that it is not due to HIV, I am not infected and that I don't need further testing! It's been about 5 days since my fever subsided but my lymph nodes are still slightly enlarged,throat still slightly sore,tongue pap. swollen but smaller...3) IS SHE RIGHT THAT I CAN BE SURE THAT I AM NOT INFECTED/ NO NEED 4 MORE TESTING?...Does taking PEP affect this ..I know if it was seroconversion the test would not have picked up Ab's I just want to know do you think it was sero conversion or is my doc right and to stop worrying and stop testing? I know that you are a very busy person and I apologize for this long letter but I hope you will PLEASE try to answer all my questions thoroughly .It will help salvage my life and I am very grateful for your wonderful help .Hopefully I will be OK. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH Dr.Holodniy. You Are the best!!!! Wish me luck! :)

Again although some symptoms could resemble HIV, they also resemble alot of other viral infections, flu included. If you have had no other exposures, the 13 week test is fairly conclusive. I think I would get one more test in a couple of months. MH

Joint Pains, pharyngitis, joint pains
viral load/gold standard