Unusual Symptoms

Dear Dr. Holodniy:

Thank you for your response in advance. I'm now 24 weeks past exposure and negative at the 19wk mark by home access. I will take a final test this month.

I had symptoms that could have been related to acute seroconversion at the 10 week mark. I had the typical GI symptoms, sore throat and sore glands. At this point I am having arthritic symptoms pain in arms, hands and pain in the shoulder area which feels like a burning muscular pain(both shoulders).

I also had a urethral syndrome after my exposure and took cipro and zithromax for treatment. Do you think these symptoms could be related to HIV or possible some other condition such as reiters syndrome? Any suggestions as to appropriate follow-up at this point would be Greatly Appreciated.

Given the negative HIV tests to date, this is not related to HIV infection. Given the urethral symptoms and other symptoms you describe, it could be Reiters syndrome, or related to some other sexually transmitted infections. You may want to ask your doctor about doing some other blood tests to rule these things out. MH

chest Rash
Herpes and chronic sinus