bruising

Hi Dr. Holodniy, I was just wondering i cought herpes on my genitals and in my mouth last november and ever since then i have been constatly worrying about HIV. The only sysmptoms i would see on myself that would be associated with this would be bruising. I bruise really easily on mylegs and arms now. I never bruised barely before. Is bruising only related to HIV or could it be from having herpes?? Just wondering im in a panic. I tested negative on elisa at 2 and 3 months exactly from the date of exposure. Do I need to worry as much as i have been? Im scared he gave me HIV as well. I am although in a very low risk area my doctor said.

Given your negative HIV tests, it is unlikely that you have HIV infection. It is very difficult to determine timing of herpes infection. If you have been sexually active in the past, you could have caught herpes then and symptoms might only be manifesting now. MH

Viral loads during ARS
Horrible thoughts...