Back Pain and ARS

I'm hopeing you'll have time to answer this one, I'm the one who asked about infection symptoms after having surgery. My exposure was with a prostitute in Bangkok on Jan 20 99, I had no symptoms until two days after a hernia surgery on 8 March. The symptoms was a very painful left shoulder, after two weeks with the pain still there I did an Elsia and it came back neg. (8 weeks). Two days after the test I started getting hot/cold flashes(low grade fever, flu like symptoms) and the pain became more spread randomly around my back. Its been another week and the pain and chills are still here. Question 1- Are these symptoms consistant with ARS? 2- Would seroconversion come 2 weeks after the inital pain and is it associated with the fever? I'll be getting another Elsia and now a PCR when I get back to USA on Friday. Thank You

Symptoms around seroconversion can vary between people. There is no one set of symptoms that all infected people have. Fever with back/shoulder pain could be in the mix, but not usually as isolated symptoms in the face of a negative ELISA at 8 weeks.It is appropriate that you are getting tested again. MH

HIV or Epstein Barr - follow-up
confusion