PCR & Elisa at 4 months

Hi Doc.

I took an PCR DNA test and Elisa test just after four months (both negative). The PCR DNA test was done at Specialty Labs and they said it was accurate to 25 copies per ml and the Elisa test was done by Unilab (both in Los Angeles). A week after both of these test, I discovered a rash on the bottom of of right foot. I went to a local Dermatolgist and he said it was a fungral infection. I am 44 years old and have not had this type of infection since I was a teenager. Do you feel that I need any more testing for HIV 1? Is it possible I have HIV-2 after a relatively low exposure?

No, you don't need further testing. Sounds like athletes foot to me. MH

Burning feet - update
Can you relieve my fears?