Swollen Lymph Node at Week 9?
May 3, 1999
What is the likliehood a swollen lymph node in the neck at Week 9 is a symptom of HIV? I believe the swolleness is just on 1-side of my neck, and I have had no other flu-like symptoms I can think of. Are swollen lymph nodes usually associated with other symptoms or can they be stand-alone? Thank You.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
One swollen gland and no other symptoms, would not be considered enough to entertain a diagnosis of HIV infection. Although swollen glands are a hallmark of HIV infection, they usually occur everywhere (groin, armpits, neck, etc). MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is Normal Cbc With Hep C And Hep B?
- Supplements To Fight Cytomegalovirus
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Does A Syphilis Rash Look Like?
- Effects Of Vaginosis During Menstruation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.