Occ. Exposure to Sexual Fluids Guy Update

Hi Doc, Thanks for answering my question on April 26th. I was the clinic worker who may have been exposed to vaginal secretions through acne on my neck. You told me that my exposure was very low risk and I have to say it made a huge difference in my life. I have one more question for you. I was really hoping you could answer it. It has been 6 weeks since the incident and I have not had any symptoms at all, despite monitoring my body quite closely for this period of time. The only thing remotely close to a symptom would be tiny little bumps (smaller than the size of a pea - and not all are circular - some are sort of long) under my armpits. I'm not sure if they are swollen lymph nodes or not, and the truth is, they could have been there for a long time, but I just noticed them 3 weeks ago after checking for them. Anyway, what I wanted to ask you is if I can take it as a good sign that I am not infected based on the fact that I have had no symptoms at all (presuming of course that you think the bumps under my arms aren't symptoms). Or is the fact that I haven't had any symptoms irrelevant. I realize that nothing will be conclusive until my test (which I plan on taking in another 6 weeks), but I was wondering if I could be more optimistic now. Thanks in advance. You are truly the best! P.S. I am not concerned about any past incidents. This is the only one, so I wouldn't have forgotten any symptoms.

Although infection can occur in the absence of symptoms, that is probably a rare event. What you describe is nonspecific and probably unrelated. MH

Response To: Worried Well
Would viral load test add anything in my case?