Maximum duration of ARS

Dear Holodniy:

What is the longest duration of A.R.S. that you have known from your patients?

I have had a strange temperature "fever?", ranging from 98.6 to 99.5 for about 6 months now. It is, of course, lower than 98.6 in the morning and also at night before I sleep. I have tested over 30 tests, including Elisa for HIV-1 and Hiv-2, DNA PCR, RNA PCR, bDNA, several Western Blot, and some other STDs. My ID doctors were at a lost of why I have this strange temperature.

Again, is it normal for A.R.S. to last this long (6 months)???

Thank you

NO. The symptoms usually last from a few days to a few weeks. Six months has been reported, but extremely unusual. MH

acute viral syndrome
Could it be HIV Sub-type?