|Maximum duration of ARS
Jun 14, 1999
What is the longest duration of A.R.S. that you have known from your patients?
I have had a strange temperature "fever?", ranging from 98.6 to 99.5 for about 6 months now. It is, of course, lower than 98.6 in the morning and also at night before I sleep. I have tested over 30 tests, including Elisa for HIV-1 and Hiv-2, DNA PCR, RNA PCR, bDNA, several Western Blot, and some other STDs. My ID doctors were at a lost of why I have this strange temperature.
Again, is it normal for A.R.S. to last this long (6 months)???
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
NO. The symptoms usually last from a few days to a few weeks. Six months has been reported, but extremely unusual. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.