Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bump on back of ear
Jun 17, 1999

Hi Doctor First let me apologise for the rather long letter. I have been having strange symptoms for the past 6 months. First it was joint pains, than mouth ulcers, oral warts, tingling in arms and legs, few scattered small red spots on the body, sinus polyp and now a bump on the back of the ear. I have tested negative for Elisa HIV 1&2 upto five months and I am also mildly arthritic for the past one decade. I had only one accidental potential blood exposure about six months ago. I would like to know whether all these above symptoms could possibly be due to arthritis, ARS(symptoms still present at six months post exposure) or some other syndrome or disease. I am skeptical about them being arthritis symptoms because they have appeared suddenly. Your help is greatly appreciated and all the more because HIV advice is non existent where I live.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Your symptoms are very nonspecific. It is extremely unlikely that they are related to HIV infection. There are certain syndromes that can appear with arthritis. Have you been worked up for what kind of arthritis you have? MH

Previous
12 months since exposure
Next
lymph nodes

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.