The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

common in hiv??

Jun 24, 1999

mark, i am still awaiting my results for the pcr rna test but in the meantime i have to ask you, (this is the reason i continue to pursue testing) i am still after many many months having pain(sharp shooting pains) under my arms and it seems to be worse when it is hot outside so i am wondering if it is from sweating, i have been to so many doctors at this point and no answers as to why! i even stopped using the deodorant i was using hoping to find relief. no help there. my problem is i can feel the glands under my arms but none of the doctors can and if they can they say they arent enlarged but i know they werent there before andi really dont care but it is the pain i cant take anymore. it isnt sore just the needles and pins like pain. also, i itch really bad under my arms when i have the pain. where do i turn , who do i ask , what can i do? is htis a common symptom of hiv patients and do you think this sounds hiv related?? it has been 14 months now and i relaly feel sure this test will come back detectable. i need to know if this symptom calls for such extensive testing in me. i am truly going crazy here. do you hear of this complaint alot with your patients?thank you mark, alot.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

To be frank, your symptoms are very nonspecific, and in and of themselves, do not sound like HIV infection to me. MH

Extremely Worried

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint