Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Update #2 on Scared to Death
Jul 8, 1999

Dear Dr. Holodniy, I just wanted to give you and the readers another update and ask for your valuable opinion. I'm the 26yr old female who wrote w/complaints of Sore Throat, fever, bladder infections that wouldn't respond to antbiotics, Bell's Palsy,HairLoss Etc. My Ex-boyfriend says he tested Neg. 10 wks after our sexual encounter. I have tested Neg.by ELISA at 8,12, and16wks. I went to the health Dept. my last test the nurse said I should stop worrying about it and look for another cause of my symptoms. Is there anything else that could cause these symptoms? I am so confused and my symptoms where real, i have been tested for Epstein Barr which showed past infection. I also saw an infectious Doc, who examined me,who said "there are things out there we probably don't know about". I'm just frustrated and I don't mean to sound like a hypochondriac, the only thing that still bothers me is that my hair is still falling out, and that's pretty hard on a female, and I recently deloped a vaginal yeast iinfection which has so far responded to treatment. Sorry to sound so long winded and thank you for allowing me and other readers to drop my concerns here. Through all this I have learned alot about myself and have come to grips with the scariest thing on the planet.Thank you again and I hope I can find some answers soon. Oh, by the way you have been the light at the end of a dark tunnel for many of us, thanks for your patience, LS:)

Response from Dr. Holodniy

I would agree this is not HIV infection. I would also make sure that your thyroid and other endocrine function is normal. MH

Previous
Symptoms
Next
brown hairy tongue

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.