Rash - ARS or 'flushing'?
Jul 29, 1999
You are doing a great job! Thank you for answering so many questions from people like me, from which I have learnt a great deal. Can you please help me out by dealing with another one?!
You have previously described ARS associated rash as like a light sunburn. I have a reddening of the skin on my face, neck and the top of my shoulders. This also extends down my arms and, in particular, the tops of my hands. It comes and goes and has been present (on and off) for around two months. It is not raised. My skin feels warm when it is present and there is a 'tingling' feeling (not itchiness - I know it is there but do not feel any urge to scratch). It is three months after exposure and I am ELISA negative. My doctor tells me this rash is 'flushing' due to panic/anxiety attacks. I'ld like to be sure!
1. In your experience, does this sound like an ARS rash?
2. If I were to get a PCR test done and this were negative, would this mean that the rash could not be ARS related?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. NO 2.YES MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- Will Gonorrhea Go Away After You Get A Shot?
- Where Does Genital Herpes Enters Body?
- When To Check If You Have Gonorrhea In Your Throat?
- What Natural Herb Can Be Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What If Chlamydia Doesn't Go Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.