|Fever associated with HIV
Aug 9, 1999
I have lately had many stange symptoms including thrush. My last possible exposure would have been 3 yrs ago and I tested negative then.
My questions; my temp used to run low(<98.6) now it is 99-100 almost all the time except before bed is usually lower, no night sweats. 1) Does this sound like hiv fever? 2) Could you please give the temp range and pattern(higher in day or night) for true HIV assoc. fever?
3) Is HIV fever usually combined with night sweats?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Elevated temperature will vary in people with acute HIV or any other viral syndrome. So it is hard to generalize. It can be associated with night sweats, particularly with high fever.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sucking Penis?
- Does White Tongue Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Sinus Infection An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Sex With A Prostitute And HIV Transmission Risk
- Black Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.