Test for sub-type o and new sub-types?
May 25, 1999
Dear Dr, Could you pls tell me: 1. In Washington D.C, which hospital could offer test for sub-type O of HIV and other new sub-types? 2. The treatment to normal HIV is same to that to sub-type O? 3. Does sub-type O developed more quickly than normal sub-types? Thanks!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
No commercial test are available yet for type O. The treatment will be the same. We don't have data yet on the rate of antibody development. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Have Sex?
- Can Antiviral Drugs Mask Test Results?
- Can Swollen Lymphnodes Cause Tight Feeling?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.