viral culture question
Jun 2, 1999
Hi Doc, Here is a different sort of question, would subtype 0 or the newer subtype N strains be detected by a standard viral culture? From what I have read, any type of hiv would cause "syncytia" and therefore be detected(?)
Response from Dr. Holodniy
They would be culturable and not all HIV is syncytia forming. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of HIV?
- Itchy Rash During Seroconversion
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Picking Your Nose
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.