|viral culture question
Jun 2, 1999
Hi Doc, Here is a different sort of question, would subtype 0 or the newer subtype N strains be detected by a standard viral culture? From what I have read, any type of hiv would cause "syncytia" and therefore be detected(?)
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
They would be culturable and not all HIV is syncytia forming. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Damage Can Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Are The Odds Of My Partner Having Genital Warts And Me Not?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- How Long After Treatment Will Vaginitis Go Away?
- Vaginitis Can You Get Bladder Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.