would pcr- rna detect
Sep 20, 1999
After testing neg 1 1/2 years after receiving oral sex from an asian sex worker i continue to have hiv like symptoms(tender glands,low t-cell count).I tested negative in U.S. using antibody test and rna test.Are these tests used to detect strain common in asia? Please answer as i am worried sick and have ruled out other std's.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The viral load tests to detect or measure plasma HIV RNA, will detect strains found in Asia. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blood In Semen A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Pain In Penis A Symptom Of HIV?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts On Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.