would pcr- rna detect
Sep 20, 1999
After testing neg 1 1/2 years after receiving oral sex from an asian sex worker i continue to have hiv like symptoms(tender glands,low t-cell count).I tested negative in U.S. using antibody test and rna test.Are these tests used to detect strain common in asia? Please answer as i am worried sick and have ruled out other std's.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The viral load tests to detect or measure plasma HIV RNA, will detect strains found in Asia. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Does Any Std Affect Your Urine Flow?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.