Viral load tests for HIV-I vs HIV-II
Jul 14, 1998
Are the same viral load tests used for both HIV-1 and II? I thought I
read somewhere that tests were not as reliable in measuring HIV-II.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Tests which measure HIV-1 viral load are not used to measure
HIV-2 viral load. Although the viruses are similar, they are different
enough that an HIV-1 viral load test could not be used.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can Herpes Cause Diarrhea?
- Can You Get Hiv From A Lancet Needle?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.