|Viral load tests for HIV-I vs HIV-II
Jul 14, 1998
Are the same viral load tests used for both HIV-1 and II? I thought I
read somewhere that tests were not as reliable in measuring HIV-II.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Tests which measure HIV-1 viral load are not used to measure
HIV-2 viral load. Although the viruses are similar, they are different
enough that an HIV-1 viral load test could not be used.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Viral Load Testing For Hiv
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Blood Splash Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.