strains in Thailand
Aug 6, 1998
You often discuss strains that can't be picked up on conventional tests here in the US. Do you know anything about the strains in Thailand, and if they might fit in that category? i.e. is there a prevalence of Type O or II over there?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV-2, or HIV-1 type O, do not appear to be problems in Thailand. HIV-1, subtype E is common. Antibody tests and viral load tests (PCR, and bDNA), detect this subtype. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Having Hpv Should You Use A Condom?
- What Is The Treatment For Hair Loss From Syphilis?
- What Does The Beginning Of Genital Warts Look Like?
- What Does Gonorrhea Look Like In Women?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Aids Or Hpv From Open Mouth Kissing?
- Can You Get Shingles More Than Once?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.