|strains in Thailand
Aug 6, 1998
You often discuss strains that can't be picked up on conventional tests here in the US. Do you know anything about the strains in Thailand, and if they might fit in that category? i.e. is there a prevalence of Type O or II over there?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV-2, or HIV-1 type O, do not appear to be problems in Thailand. HIV-1, subtype E is common. Antibody tests and viral load tests (PCR, and bDNA), detect this subtype. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Secretions Could I Have HIV
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Precum Touching Vagina?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Touching Stripper?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Swallowing Cum?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Bloody Urine Could I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.