|What is Seroconversion
Aug 17, 1998
Could you please tell me what Seroconversion is ?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Seroconversion is a word that means the time when antibodies against HIV are made by the immune system and can be detected in the blood. When people become infected with HIV, it takes a few days for the infection to become evident. Very early, we can detect HIV infection by measuring the levels of virus. Antibodies are not present in the blood yet (preseroconversion). A few weeks later, the body begins making antibodies against the virus, which can now be detected by conventional tests (seroconversion). MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Spit Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Neuropathy After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Red Spots After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.