What is Seroconversion
Aug 17, 1998
Could you please tell me what Seroconversion is ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Seroconversion is a word that means the time when antibodies against HIV are made by the immune system and can be detected in the blood. When people become infected with HIV, it takes a few days for the infection to become evident. Very early, we can detect HIV infection by measuring the levels of virus. Antibodies are not present in the blood yet (preseroconversion). A few weeks later, the body begins making antibodies against the virus, which can now be detected by conventional tests (seroconversion). MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- Knots In Legs And Neuropathy
- Hiv Negative Immune System Disorder
- What Percentage Of People With Hpv Get Genital Warts?
- What Does Isolated Herpes Mean?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.