Gene Chip Testing

My friend told me about a company that has developed a "GeneChip" system which detects genotypic changes in both the protease and reverse transcriptase enzymes. He says that this test is really helpful for predicting resistance. Has any progress been made on releasing this test or is there any way to be part of a trial using this test?

The company which developed this technology is called Affymetrix and is located in Santa Clara, CA. It is one of several molecular techniques which analyze the sequence of the protease and reverse transcriptase genes. It has been used in a few research labs around the country. MH

hemoglobin
What is Seroconversion