|Gene Chip Testing
Aug 19, 1998
My friend told me about a company that has developed a "GeneChip" system which detects genotypic changes in both the protease and reverse transcriptase enzymes. He says that this test is really helpful for predicting resistance. Has any progress been made on releasing this test or is there any way to be part of a trial using this test?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The company which developed this technology is called Affymetrix and is located in Santa Clara, CA. It is one of several molecular techniques which analyze the sequence of the protease and reverse transcriptase genes. It has been used in a few research labs around the country. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.