Sep 15, 1998
have you ever had to confirm a late antibody positivity with other test and is pt 11.5 high pt control 11.3 ,inr 1.0
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would say that every acute HIV infection I have seen or been involved with has had a positive HIV antibody by 6 months after exposure. All of these folks had positive plasma viral loads or DNA PCR tests from blood cells positive by 2-4 weeks after exposure. If what you mean by pt is protime, a value of 11.5, with a control of 11.3 and an inr of 1.0 would be considered normal. This test measures the blood's ability to clot. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.