|Can it hide?
Oct 12, 1998
Can the HIV infection hide in the Lymphnodes and just not show up on the HIV Antibody, PCR DNA or PCR RNA tests? I have read here and there where people say this can happen.....then why do the tests....my exposure was 8 months ago, I just had all these tests which were negative, yet all my glands are HUGE and all other tests are fine. UGH
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I have not seen any documented evidence of HIV infection in someone where all blood tests are negative, but the virus exists and is replicating in other organs. All the glands and organs are in constant communication with the blood, so this seems impossible to me. You have a syndrome which other folks have certainly described in this forum. I am not sure what it is, but it is not HIV-1 infection. Good luck. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.